1. Government approval
·Ministry of Environment & Forest granted necessary Environmental clearance for the project, vide MoEF letter no. nil dated 19th July 2013.
2.STATUS OF CLEARANCES FROM MINISTRY OF DEFENCE (MoD), MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS (MHA) AND DGCA
·Ministry of Defence, GOI renewed its NOC on 28th September, 2012 for a period of 5 years.
·Ministry of Home Affairs accorded security clearance for the proposed airport vide letter dated 12th October 2012.
·DGCA accorded site clearance of the proposed airport vide its letter dated 17th August 2012.
·Master plan submitted to DGCA and other concerned authorities.
·Security vetting first inspection carried out by Regional Deputy Commissioner of Security, BCAS along with IB, Customs, CISF, Local Police & KIAL, Officials on 19th November 2013.
·Keezhallur Gramapanchayat accorded clearance vide its letter no. A5-3860/13 dated 19 October 2013.
·Mattannur Municipality accorded clearance vide its letter no. E2-11681/13 dated 4 November 2013.
·The consent to establish Airport has been accorded by Kerala State Pollution Control Board to commence the work.
·Preliminary inspection of the site was carried out by DGCA Officials on 28 August 2014.
2. Detailed Project Report Completed by Project consultants
Detailed project report (DPR) has been completed by project consultants M/s AECOM & CRISIL consortium.
An extent of 1276.03 acres has been acquired for Kannur International Airport project as on 7 October 2010, out of 1284 acres notified. Remaining land is expected to be taken over soon.
4(1) Notification for additional 783 acres has been published. M/s KINFRA nodal agency for land acquisition are already in the process of acquiring Phase three land.
4. Formation of Special Purpose Vehicle
A Company called "Kannur International Airport Limited" has been registered under the Companies Act 1956. The first Board meeting of the Company was held on 18 December 2009. Government have reconstituted the Board of Directors of Kannur International Airport with the Hon'ble Chief Minister Shri Oommen Chandy as Chairman, Shri G Chandramouli as Managing Director and the following persons as Directors:
District Level Committee under the Chairmanship of the District Collector is giving final shape to the proposal for infrastructure development programmes outside the airport like roads, power and water.
5. Access to airport and other outside infrastructure
A new green field road viz. Kannur-Mattannur road will be developed as the main access to the airport designed to ensure fast and free movement of traffic to the airport without traffic lights and juctions, with provision for entry and exit ramps for joining and exiting traffic from connecting roads. All other major roads will be widened wherever possible and will be connected to this road.
6. Consultancy for Kannur Airport Project has been assigned to AECOM.
7.EPC I contract for Runway and Airside Works has been awarded to M/S Larsen & Toubro Ltd. for the sum of Rs.694 crore on 05 Nov 2013
8. The Green Belt Programme inaugurated by Sri.K.Babu, Hon'ble Minister for Ports & Excise on 26 August 2013. 2,51,000 nos ofseedlings planted so far in the nearby areas of Airport ( Keezhallur Grama Panchayath and Mattannur municipality ) as a part of afforestation mission.
9. DETAILED PROJECT REPORT (DPR) AND PROJECT INFORMATION MEMORANDUM (PIM) APPROVED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF KIAL
Detailed Project Report and Project Information Memorandum has been approved by the Board of Directors of KIAL. The salient features of the DPR and PIM are as follows:
- Estimated Project Cost Rs 1892 Crore
- Debt/Equity Ratio 0.89 : 1
- Equity Rs 1000 Crore
- Debt Rs 892 Crore
- Project IRR 11.40 %
- Equity IRR 11.88 %
- Average DSCR 1.53
11. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for providing Aviation Meteorological services for KannurAirport has been signed between Managing Director, KIAL and Deputy Director General , Indian Meteorological Department on 17 September 2014 .
12. Detailed Engineering design consultancy work for the Integrated Terminal building work has been awarded to M/s KITCO for Rs 6.14 crores on nomination basis.
14. An Agreement between KIAL and Airports Authority of India has been signed for providing Air Traffic Management and Communication Navigation Services for the proposed Airport on 17 th November 2014 at NewDelhi